Monday, January 10, 2011

But I brought pics this time!

Wow. I really haven't updated this since October, huh?

Well, the GOOD news is that I've actually been busy since then. And as much as I hate talking about myself, I'm going to try to post more often.

Big things: The Bixby Tour was great! Although we only had 4 performances, it was a great experience (even though I was surprised to learn I was more out of shape than I though! D:).



And since we ended up in Georgia for a week, I was able to visit the Atlanta Center for Puppetry Arts! Both Basil Twist and Adam Pagdon had worked there, so I've heard a lot of stories. I was able to catch the Halloween Ghastly Dreadfuls show and visit their museum.



Aaron, Travis and I also did a bit of atmosphere puppeteering for Darren Shan's event at the Jefferson Market branch of the NYPL. It was great how many of the kids were curious about the simple trigger crow puppets we had.


I was lucky to "re-enlist" at the Park Avenue Armory for the Peter Greenaway installation (I can admit it- I love "The Pillow Book" and save for a slight discomfort when I think about the White Male Gaze in relation, I love him for making it). I hadn't realized how much I like being there- the armory is this gorgeous old building that seems so random when compared to other armories. But that's what happens when most of your regiment is filthy rich- you get a pimped out armory! The more I learned about it the more I realized there was still to learn. Even though I'm not really suited to sedentary work, I love getting to engage with the guest and pass along my meager knowledge of the building's history.

And, AND, AND I finally was able to see the new Pee Wee Show! Armagads, I was a four-year-old on crack! Even though it's essentially an updated version of the 80's HBO special it was so much more hilarious and amazing than I thought it would be. (I knew it'd be great; I wasn't expecting bloody fantastic!) Adam arranged for Travis, Mr.Pickett (Trav's dad), my friend Julia and I to get a tour of the set (complete with puppets I'd built and was no longer allowed to touch) and meet the cast in their dressing rooms.

You guys. You guys. I got hugs from Miss Yvonne. That's right; plural.

I'm actually pretty surprised I didn't stroke out. ^__^ And the best part? HBO taped the new show, so you'll be able to (not) see the 6 puppets we built from scratch (blackout scene. Irony!).

Hmmmm... I guess I'm about caught up now. I'm still settling into my new space, but there are a ton of shorts I want to animate once I'm settled with enough room.

^__~
m!

No comments:

Post a Comment